Position: Director of Sales (Northeast/Mid-Atlantic)
Reporting To: Senior Vice President of Sales
Office Location: Home office (preferably in a central location close to an airport)
Travel Required: Up to 50%
The Director of Sales (DS) will be responsible for growing the territory by successfully implementing SLG® Solutions in industries that include municipal, food, pulp & paper and other industries that generate biosolids or as Orege deems to be target industries. The applications for SLG® Solutions include sludge dewatering and thickening as well as mobile sludge management programs. In addition to growing the business in respective territory, the DS is responsible for working with Orege engineering group in the successful commissioning as well as ongoing support of SLG® customers in the territory. The territory includes; New England, New York, New Jersey and the Mid-Atlantic. This territory may be modified as determined by Orege. Additional responsibilities of DS include:
- Coordinate Orege resources with client needs in the region to meet annually defined Key Deliverable Actions (KDAs) with regard to pipeline activity, executed contracts, realized revenues, and minimum acceptable margin requirements.
- Understand the entire company’s KDAs and provide support and feedback to teammates to assist in successful achievement.
- Aggressively pursue qualified sales leads provided by Orege’s Marketing efforts.
- Independently generate, qualify, pursue, and close sales leads within the region.
- Collaborate with and manage the designated Orege 3rd Party Sales Representatives for the region, as well as channel partners in the region.
- Manage all aspects of the sales process for those opportunities and any other opportunities deemed worthy of Orege’s pursuit.
- Develop and implement the regional trade show strategy for Orege, including exhibiting and presenting as agreed upon.
- Complete all required Orege sales reporting and Client Relationship Management documents.
- Collaborate with the entire Orege organization to ensure the highest probability of success.
- Provide feedback to the Orege Marketing team and the rest of the organization to ensure the dissemination of lessons learned.
- Constantly endeavor to improve business acumen, technical knowledge, salesmanship, and closing skills.
- Represent Orege with the highest level of professionalism.
- Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Broad Sales Skills, Including Cold Calling and Closing complex deals
- Municipal Sales & Procurement Expertise
- Strong People Management, Coaching and Leadership Skills
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a matrix type organization structure
- Leverage Orege’s solution offering to develop and execute multiple Orege solution sales and service contracts with municipalities and private firms
- Develop in collaboration with the SVP of Sales a consistent and repeatable sales process that delivers a sales cycle of ~12 months, or shorter as the project requires
- Establish in collaboration with the SVP of Sales a robust and scalable sales infrastructure and team
- Work with consulting engineering firms and regulators to minimize Orege’s obstacles in the market